A Bit 'o Random Musings on Politics, Religion, and Anything Else That Passes Through My Crazy Head

Friday, December 9, 2011

Come Darkness

When I lived in California, there was a bike path that wound through the town we lived in.  On this bike path was a tunnel, and it was kind of creepy.  As I recall it from my 13-year old memory, it was dank and wet and there were no lights (I make no representations that my teenage memory is accurate, btw).  But on the other side of this tunnel was a gorgeous California hillside, to my mind one of the world's prettiest places.  I knew that I had to just keep pedaling through the tunnel and I'd get to the end.  It sure was a lot less scary when biking with someone else, who could go ahead and report that the tunnel was clear.


I really like this song (random pictures alert!).  In order to appreciate the light, I think we all need moments of "darkness."  There will be times when we aren't happy, or aren't sure that we're in the light.  There will be moments of doubting.  When we feel dank and a bit hopeless.  But we need to hold on to those bright shining "Alleluia" moments from our memory, and have faith that there's a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.  It helps when there's someone else who you can lean on.  But even when there isn't, we can just come.  Sometimes it's all we can do to just keep pedaling.

2 comments:

  1. (A few of the) Things I love about this post:

    * "random pictures alert!" :)
    * This song. Very nice.
    * How "just keep pedaling" reminds me of this classic scene.

    Thanks, great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading. I may have an readership audience of one, but I have the best audience :)

    And yes, I was reminded of Finding Nemo too!

    ReplyDelete