A Bit 'o Random Musings on Politics, Religion, and Anything Else That Passes Through My Crazy Head

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Here are some thoughts about light that stood out to me today.

From John 3:19-21:  And this the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.  For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.  But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

The last verse of Silent Night:
Silent Night, holy night
Son of God, love's pure light
Radiant beams from Thy holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth

From Psalm 27: The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?...Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident....Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.  (verses 1, 3, and 14)

Sorry, I am too tired to add any commentary.  If you want some inspiration, though, check out Henry B. Eyring's talk as part of the church's Christmas devotional at www.lds.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment