A Bit 'o Random Musings on Politics, Religion, and Anything Else That Passes Through My Crazy Head

Monday, September 17, 2012

Apology Tour

Every six months or so, I feel compelled to admit: I'm not a very good friend.  Maybe someday, I will master that elusive "work-life balance."  I will figure out how to keep in touch with long-lost friends, return phone calls and Facebook messages, do my visiting teaching, actually *try* to fulfill my calling, and reach out to friends who I know could use extra love during the hectic tax accounting busy season.  But I find it really difficult, even when I do have time, to muster the energy for a long phone conversation or even a Facebook wall message, when what I'd really rather do is sit in front of the TV (or better yet, sleep).

But after every tax deadline, I have to say: I'm sorry!  It feels like an "apology tour" but instead of saying it to your face, I will just say it here and post this to Facebook.  I'm sorry I haven't responded to you, friends.  I will try to be a better friend, now that I'm FREE.



Happy Tax Day!  (Don't worry, individual taxes aren't due til October 15th!)

No comments:

Post a Comment