A Bit 'o Random Musings on Politics, Religion, and Anything Else That Passes Through My Crazy Head

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Counting My Lucky Stars

As I drove from St. George, Utah to Salt Lake City one October evening a couple years ago, I encountered a freak storm of sleet, rain, and icy snow.  The road from St. George to Salt Lake has some steep drops.  To make it more scary, I was completely unfamiliar with the road.  It was the only time in my recent memory that I literally feared for my life.  Luckily, I was able to get behind a truck and by following its tail lights closely, make it to a pull off.  I stopped at a covered gas station to wait out the worst of it.

That experience made me really, really grateful to be alive.  I realized that I really do want to live a long life!

Because Thanksgiving is just around the corner, I'm going to devote the next week of posts to things I'm thankful for.  This post is about gratitude for the gift of life!  This gift allows me to enjoy a lot of the other things I'm grateful for.  I'm grateful for the beauty of the earth that we live on - it has so many beautiful things that also have the gift of life.  So many times I have been inspired and uplifted by the beauties of nature.  In counting my blessings, I have to be grateful for my lucky stars that have allowed me many years on this beautiful planet!


For the Beauty of the Earth, sung by the Cambridge Singers (I think?)

Photo website with GORGEOUS pictures of earth's bounties: http://500px.com/

Photo of the day by National Geographic: http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-of-the-day/

No comments:

Post a Comment