A Bit 'o Random Musings on Politics, Religion, and Anything Else That Passes Through My Crazy Head

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Take A Bow

I don't know what songs are on your election day playlist, but I'm thinking of this song:



Take a Bow, America.  We have survived our first election with a Mormon presidential candidate as a serious contender.  With some minor exceptions, there have been no ugly anti-Mormon tirades and no sustained attacks on Mitt Romney because of his faith.  As a Mormon and political junkie, I just want to say: Thank You, America.  Thank you for respecting my beliefs enough to consider Mitt Romney just a normal American.  I know we're a bit unique (we like to refer to ourselves as a "peculiar people"), but thanks for respecting religious pluralism.

Well done.

Oh, and DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment