A Bit 'o Random Musings on Politics, Religion, and Anything Else That Passes Through My Crazy Head

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Love Really Is...All Around

This one's not a song, but I liked it nonetheless.  While Christmas is a time that amplifies joy, it can also amplify sorrow.  People who feel alone, friendless, or unloved can have those feelings exacerbated by a season that emphasizes togetherness with loved family and friends.  That's why I think an important part of Christmas is making "room in your inn" for whoever is struggling or feels alone.  It's important to let them know that they are not alone, that they are loved and cared for.  As a wise man once said "it is usually through another person that God answers our prayers."  I believe that.  I also believe, as the movie "Love Actually" states, that "Love Really is...All Around."  We just have to look for it.

As this is Christmas Eve Eve (or, as my brother might say, the penultimate day before Christmas), you get two videos.  One is a Mormon Message about feeling God's love on Christmas, and another is a Christmas song by Michael McLean, "Homeless."



"For in His love there is a home" - for everyone who feels alone, forgotten, or friendless at a joyous time.  I believe Christ truly is there for us, and we owe to him to be there for others.  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment