A Bit 'o Random Musings on Politics, Religion, and Anything Else That Passes Through My Crazy Head

Monday, April 15, 2013

Tax to the Max

Today in the United States, it's tax day (or at least, it is for those individuals who choose to file on time).  It's a time when tax accountants like myself do this:
image

Yes, I am happy to be done with busy season, which actually hasn't been too terrible this year.  But still, happy to be done.

On a more serious note, however, I am really grateful that taxes provide the following things, among many others:
- Clean Drinkable Water
- Public Education
- Food inspections
- Roads, Public Transit systems
- Protection of my minority religion and free speech rights
- Public defense

Could government do a better job at all of these things?  Of course!  But the point is that there is always something we could do better!  I'm grateful to live in America on this tax day.  And true to form, I approve of the income tax system (as do most Democrats in a recent poll).  Of course it could be a lot better and simpler than it is, but then I would be out of a job.  So go ahead, complain about paying taxes - it's your right as Americans.

Meanwhile, I'll just be over here, dancing a jig and grateful that busy season is over (for a while, at least).

'Tax season just flew by!!' ...said no CPA, ever...

1 comment:

  1. I love your expressions of gratitude - very uplifting and so positive to read. One of the many wonderful things about you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete